If you’re just starting with WordPress, you might have heard about Elementor Page Builder. It’s a revolutionary WordPress plugin that allows you to design your website using a visual drag-and-drop editor. With Elementor, you can create complex layouts, design your website live, and no coding skills are required. This guide will show you how to install Elementor on your WordPress site.
Before we start, make sure you have:
- A functional WordPress Website
- Administrator Access to your Site
- A stable internet connection
Step 1: Log into your WordPress Admin Panel
Your WordPress admin panel is where you can manage everything about your website. You can access it by adding
/wp-admin at the end of your website URL. For example,
Step 2: Navigate to the Plugins Section
On the left-hand side of the WordPress dashboard, find and click on the ‘Plugins‘ menu. This will open a page displaying all the installed plugins on your website.
Step 3: Click on Add New
At the top of the ‘Plugins’ page, you’ll see an ‘Add New‘ button. Click this button to access the WordPress plugin repository.
Step 4: Search for Elementor
Once you’re in the plugin repository, you’ll notice a search bar on the right side. Type “Elementor” and hit enter.
Step 5: Install Elementor
In the search results, look for the Elementor Website Builder by Elementor.com. Click on the ‘Install Now‘ button next to it. Wait a few seconds for WordPress to download and install the plugin.
Step 6: Activate Elementor
After installation, the ‘Install Now’ button becomes an ‘Activate‘ button. Click on it to activate Elementor on your WordPress website.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Elementor on your WordPress site.
How To Use Elementor
Now that you have the Elementor plugin installed and activated let’s take a quick look at how to start using it.
1. Edit with Elementor: Navigate to the page you wish to edit and click on the ‘Edit with Elementor‘ button.
2. Use the Elementor Panel: On the left side of the screen, you’ll see the Elementor panel. This panel contains all the widgets and settings you can use to design your page.
3. Drag and Drop Widgets: Simply drag the widget you want from the panel and drop it onto your page.
4. Save Your Work: Make sure to save your work by clicking the ‘Update‘ button at the bottom of the Elementor panel.
To learn more advanced Elementor tricks and tips, make sure to check out the official Elementor Help Center.
In conclusion, installing Elementor on WordPress is a straightforward process. Whether you’re a blogger, small business owner, or website designer, Elementor can help you create stunning, responsive websites without needing any coding knowledge. With its user-friendly interface and abundance of widgets, designing your dream website has never been this easy. Happy designing!